Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We get started.....Finally!!!

Well, if you read the header on this page you probably know what we are all about. On April 6th, 2008 my Mother (Susan) and I set ourselves a challenge to create $100,000 in one year. We agreed that we would both keep journals to track our progress so that we could see how far we've come, and remember the thoughts and feelings we went through along the way. Sooo.....

Not a very good start! It's now April 24th, nearly three weeks later, and I'm just getting started on the blog. But here's the good news, I've been doing some work on the business side of things, so at least I'm not putting that off!!

Here's the story so far:

I've always been a student of personal development. As a small child my parents taught me all about meditation, eastern religions, appreciation for others, my higher self, etc. And as I grew older I began to look for things on my own. I've been collecting books (oh, I'm terribly addicted to books), articles, stories, cds, all about personal growth and reaching your potential. My mother introduced me to the Teachings of Abraham Hicks and the Laws of Attraction and in the past few years it has become more and more clear to me that I have to be the source of my own abundance.

Now, what is all this malarky and what does it have to do with money??? Well, everything! I am a strong believer that we all have the power to manifest what we want in this world and that is what I intend to do. That's not to say I'm not going to take any action to reach my goals, but I will take action with an abundant mindset and the knowledge that these actions will help serve my well being and bring me nearer to where I plan to be at the end of this year.

Unfortunately this is not what I've felt since April 6th, what I've felt is frustration. Let me tell you, working full time as a coffee shop manager is exhausting. Hours can include finishing at 9.30 pm one night and starting again at 6am the next morning. So even though I still work a 40 hour week, I'm tired all the time. What spare time I have had has been spent doing different bridesmaid tasks (dress fittings and hen nights and dinner parties) with a friend who is getting married in a month. This is all very fun, but I just couldn't help but think...I want to spend time on my business....I want some time of my own. So I went back to square one, made time to go to a bookstore (see, I told you, it's an addiction), and bought a fantastic book on manifesting abundance and it's completely refocused my mind. I stopped focusing on frustration and lack of time and focused on the things I wanted to happen this year.

And now, suddenly I'm making time. I'm sitting up at 2 in the morning just absolutely unable to sleep I have so much energy. And that energy is coming from my positive feelings and emotions. I sat up last night until 2am and created my first google ad campaign for one of the internet businesses that we are going to try and guess what......

......when I woke up this morning I had my first real opted-in lead.

No comments: